June 8, 2020
Dear OCB Patient:
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston (OCB) would like all of our patients to know that trust is an essential co
essential mponent of the relationship we have with you, and we would like to take this opportunity to review the steps we have implemented to ensure your safety and comfort as we welcome you back to our offices. OCB recognizes that some of the necessary measures taken may pose an inconvenience to you and your families, and we appreciate your cooperation and patience. OCB wants to assure you that your safety is our top priority, and we promise to remain steadfast in our measures to protect you and our staff members.
OCB is re-scheduling visits that were canceled during the state mandated restrictions. We have implemented the following protocols to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff:
1) PRE-VISIT phone call: Before your office visit, OCB will contact you by phone to inquire about any COVID-related symptoms and if you have any symptoms your appointment will be postponed until you are symptom free. You will also be asked abut travel. If you have traveled outside the state within the past 14 days of your appointment, your appointment may be postponed. During the pre-visit phone call, one of OCB’s team members will:
OCB has found that connecting with you before your visit limits your time in the office and optimizes your care. This pe-visit call is not considered a separate visit and you will NOT be billed for the call.
2) Upon arrival at the OCB office, all patients and staff are required to wear a face mask at all times.
3) All patients are screened for COVID symptoms. If you have COVID symptoms, your appointment will be rescheduled.
4) OCB will manage the number of appointments to allow for physical distancing.
5) Upon arrival, can choose to wait in OCB’s waiting area or in your car.
7) Whenever you are going to be late for your OCB appointment, please call to see if your Doctor can accommodate you or if your appointment needs to be re-scheduled. Call is 800-635-0489.
8) OCB is following physical distancing rules in the office. We have removed many of our waiting room chairs. All magazines, tissue boxes, and other materials have been removed.
9) When you need a family member or friend to hear the discussion with your Doctor, this can be achieved with a cell phone connection to allow the family member or friend to listen in on the discussion, or they can join you in the Exam Room with your Doctor.
10) Hand sanitizer and handwashing stations are available throughout OCB. All staff members are trained on proper hand hygiene, which is done frequently, including before and after each patient visit.
13) We have altered our dress code for your safety. Your Doctor, Clinical staff, and allied health personnel will be wearing surgical attire (scrubs).
14) OCB’s premises are cleaned throughout the day using disinfection protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. (CDC).
15) All OCB Staff members are required to attest to being symptom-free and have their temperatures taken each day before they are allowed to work.
16) If you are uncomfortable coming into an OCB office, OCB’s doctors continue to offer telemedicine visits for appropriate individual patients in place of an in-person office visit. Because telemedicine eye examinations are limited to vision and an external exam, your doctor may encourage you to be seen in person to check your eye pressure, perform an internal exam of the eye, or obtain specific diagnostic tests.
17) Medical emergencies are the same as before COVID. If you have an emergency, please contact OCB, 24/7, at 800-635-0489.
OCB appreciates your patience with our new process as we work diligently to provide you with the excellent eye care to which you have grown accustomed in a safe and comfortable environment.
We encourage you to stay in close communication with OCB, particularly if you have a serious eye condition that requires ongoing care. Your safety remains our number one priority, and we are here for you. Please feel free to contact your doctor via Patient Gateway or by phone at 800-635-0489.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
The Doctors at Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston