Dear OCB Patient:
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston (OCB) would like to take this opportunity to review the steps we have implemented to ensure your safety and comfort as we welcome you back to our offices. OCB recognizes that some of the necessary measures taken may pose an inconvenience to you and your families, and we appreciate your cooperation and patience.
OCB is currently re-scheduling visits that were canceled during the state mandated restrictions and have implemented the following protocols to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff:
1) PRE-VISIT phone call: Depending upon the reason for your visit, OCB may attempt to contact you by phone before your office visit. During the pre-visit phone call, one of OCB’s team members will:
OCB has found that connecting with you before your visit limits your time in the office and optimizes your care. This pre-visit call is not considered a separate visit and your insurance will NOT be billed for the call.
2) If you have arrived in Massachusetts from out of state, you must follow the state’s guidelines.
3) Upon arrival at the OCB office, all patients and staff are required to wear a surgical mask at all times.
4) All patients are screened for COVID symptoms. If you have COVID symptoms, your appointment will be rescheduled.
5) OCB will manage the number of appointments to allow for physical distancing.
6) Upon arrival, you can choose to wait in OCB’s waiting area or in your car.
7) When you are going to be late for your OCB appointment, please call to see if your Doctor can accommodate you or if your appointment needs to be re-scheduled.
8) OCB is following physical distancing rules in the office. We have removed many of our waiting room chairs. All magazines, tissue boxes, and other materials have been removed. We also request that you do not eat or drink while in the building.
9) When you need a family member or friend to hear the discussion with your Doctor, this can be achieved with a cell phone connection to allow the family member or friend to listen in on the discussion.
10) Hand sanitizer and handwashing stations are available throughout OCB. All staff members are trained on proper hand hygiene, which is done frequently, including before and after each patient visit.
11) We have altered our dress code for your safety. Your Doctor, Clinical staff, and allied health personnel will be wearing surgical attire (scrubs).
12) OCB’s premises are cleaned throughout the day using disinfection protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. (CDC).
13) Each day before they are permitted to work, all OCB staff members are required to attest to being symptom-free and to have followed state travel guidelines.
14) If you are uncomfortable coming into an OCB office, OCB’s doctors continue to offer telemedicine visits for appropriate individual patients in place of an in-person office visit. Because telemedicine eye examinations are limited to vision and an external exam, your doctor may encourage you to be seen in person.
15) Medical emergencies are the same as before COVID. If you have an emergency, please contact OCB, 24/7, at 800-635-0489.
Your safety remains our number one priority, and we are here for you. Please feel free to contact your doctor via Patient Gateway or by phone at 800-635-0489.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
The Doctors at Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston