People who are more risk for developing glaucoma include people who:
- are over age 40.
- have family members with glaucoma.
- are of African or Hispanic heritage.
- are of Asian heritage (Asians are at increased risk of angle closure glaucoma and Japanese are at increased risk of low tension glaucoma).
- have high eye pressure.
- are farsighted or nearsighted.
- have had an eye injury.
- have diabetes, high blood pressure, poor blood circulation or other health problems affecting the whole body.
Symptoms & Diagnosis